When Life Gives You Ugly Fabric...

, ,
Make an awesome necklace out of it!

I knew that I wanted to do this project the instant I saw it pop up on my blog roll, courtesy of Melissa at I Still Love You. How cool! A necklace made out of old t-shirts!


So, initially, I thought I would swing by Goodwill to pick up some old t-shirts. I'm a purger by nature and I don't have a backlog of old shirts to cut up.

But then it hit me. I had this hideous yard-and-a-half-of-an-ordering-disaster begging to be used.


{I don't know why I ordered it. Truly. I think I must have blacked out during an online shopping spree.}

I'm so pleased how it turned out. I actually wore it to church this morning!

What a great example of up-cycling {overlooking the fact that this was actually made from new fabric **shudder**}! It definitely gave new life to something drab.