It's the Inside that Counts

, ,
And I'm not talking about personalities.

{Which, of course, is ABSOLUTELY the case... just not for this post. **wink**}

We completed our veggie garden this week! We finally got those plants in the ground! Tomatoes, peppers, beans, eggplant, radishes, watermelon, squash, zucchini, and more!

Just in time for three days of soaking rain, too.

Here's where we started:


Here are a few of the photos that I pinned for inspiration:


{Oooooo...}


{Ahhhhh....}


{Ohhhhhh...}

And here's the reality of our {almost} finished project:


Yeah. We discovered that buildin' fences is 'spensive. It would have taken nearly $1,000 to build a pretty wooden fence around our 24' x 36' garden! I thought that was a bit much for such a small space.

So, we decided to simplify and focus on what's really important - the homegrown veggies!

I'll confess that I'm a {tad} disappointed that it's so plain. Just a tiny little bit. We still have to add boards to the bottom of the fence (to mirror the top frame) and stretch the wire taut, but we were in good enough shape to get the plants in the ground.


I expect a bounty from this garden. My husband is a very patient and gifted gardener. His green thumb never ceases to amaze me {and he's so humble}.


Right now, I have my eye on that board above the gate. It needs some whimsy, don't you think? Any ideas?