Simplicity 2305

, ,
If we're connected on Facebook, you may have seen that I completed Simplicity 2305 last week!


This dress has been a thorn in my side. I started it a couple of months ago, but wasn't pleased with the direction it was going in.

It was a SUPER simple pattern, but I ran into some material issues.

I selected a beautiful cotton/silk blend that was very lightweight and shimmery. I ran into trouble with the interfacing that I used. It was a mid-weight and proved to be too heavy for this fabric.


So... the neckline puckered a bit and the banded sleeves felt a bit constricting.

I couldn't figure out how to correct my issues without ruining the delicate fabric so I threw the dress to the side and tried to ignore it.

I finally picked it back up last week and decided to finish it. I actually wore it to work today!


It's not perfect, but it certainly received a lot of positive attention!


True story.

Guy behind the pizza counter: "I'm surprisingly on top of my game today."

Me: "Really? That's great for a Wednesday!"

Guy: "Well, I'm not hung over so I think that's working in my favor. By the way, that's a great dress. That color looks amazing on you."

Me: "Oh, that's so nice! You don't think it's too... Barney the Dinosaur?"

Guy: "Oh, no! That shade of purple is way too dark to be Barney."

We laugh together. I thank him and begin to walk away. He comes out behind the counter to stop me and adds...

"And, you're way too hot to be Barney."

YESSSS! This mama still has a little bit of mojo!

And, the guy, admittedly, wasn't under the influence! Woot!

I've been smiling all day.

**big grin**

Amazing new shoes always help, too, don't they?


Happy Wednesday!!