Pin-spired!

, ,
It felt so good to spend time in my studio this weekend! Yes, I totally neglected my coursework, but I just needed a creative break!

I was determined to tackle a few things around my house that have been waiting on me for months - such as rearranging the furniture, hanging pictures that have been stacked along the walls, cleaning out closets, straightening up mine...

Yep. Total procrastination.

So, what was on my creative agenda? One of the first ideas that I ever pinned, courtesy of Laura at cometogetherkids.com.


After pinning this amazing idea, Kimberly and I literally ran to IKEA (which is about 1 1/2 hours away) to score some of these $4 spice racks. And... they were sold out.

So, we filled our baskets with a lot of other unnecessary IKEA awesomeness and headed back home.

We did make it back when they were finally restocked. That was last summer...

I decided to mark this project off of my list this weekend. Here is my finished result:

Like it? Pin It


A quick coat of paint was all that they needed! They turned out exactly as I envisioned.

The lamp pictured below was a past project of mine. I love the adhesive-coated lamp shades that you can find at most hobby stores. I covered this one with fabric, bailing twine, and leftover suede trim. The base came from Target.


Perfect for Dylan's vintage cowboy bedroom! And one more item off of my to-do list!